Sunday, November 14, 2010

Engaged!

Saturday November 13,2010. This day is supposed to be Part II of our ocular visit. Well, that's what I thought.

Here it goes.

It was his first time to visit the church. I on the other hand have been there a couple of times. After a few camera clicks and checking if the door can be fully opened (for my dramatic entrance of course), I was in a hurry to look for the church's office.

Vic in his day dreaming mood.

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon, naisip ko baka half day lang ang office so we have to hurry if we want to book now! Vic on the other hand was slacking, parang naglalakad sa park at nagmumunimuni (day dreaming). That made me a little bit crazy and mad, tumataas na ang kilay ko!

Aimee: Love we have to go! Halika na! Baka masaraduhan tayo sayang ang punta natin dito!
Vic: Relaks ka lang, tinitignan ko pa yung simbahan eh. Maaga pa naman.
Aimee: (Keeping my cool) Ok fine, first time mo dito sa St.Andrew diba? Why not pray and make a wish.

We went to the other side of the church near to the altar, I thought this was a good idea so I can take pictures of the altar. Vic was quiet while we were seated I asked him if he is praying and he just knod. I dont know why, but for some reason na irita ako (I was irritated). I told him, nagdarasal ka ganyan yung upo mo? Dont slouch when you are talking to God (umandar na naman pagka-taray ko)! He did not say anything, he just kneeled and started to pray.
  
I took this picture while he was praying.

Vic's eyes were closed while he was praying, After opening his eyes and lifting his head, akala ko he was done praying. Instead of standing up he grabbed his bag (still kneeling but in a different way) and got something out of it. It was a small red box. I was in awe! With lips trembling he said, "Love will you marry me?" He slipped the ring on my finger and I grinned! Hindi na ako naiyak kasi I saw him about to cry! Comedy kasi nauna pa syang naiyak kesa sa akin! He said "Ano na yung sagot mo? Nakasuot na yung singsing."  Biniro ko, I said wala ka ng ibang sasabihin yun lang, he said, ang suplada mo kasi kanina mo pa gusto umalis nakalimutan ko tuloy yung pinraktis ko". I smiled and I said YES! We were giggling and embracing each other. Parang highschool! I was kissing him on the cheek and he was too! And then i burst into laughter, I told him baka mapagalitan tayo, sabihin na nagda-date tayo sa loob ng simbahan! Good thing only few people are inside the church most of them are praying, so hindi kami masyado napansin. It was a happy happy moment! We are officially engaged!

The little red box that made my heart skipped a beat.
                                       

More than the rock, it is the act and the thought that counts the most. I always dreamt of this to happen. Pero nung nalaman namin ni Vic that Mom, Dad, Aila my little sister and most of my other relatives are migrating to US before 2012 we decided to get married 2011. Naisip namin that its better to have a simple wedding with special people around us than a grand wedding without the people we love. We just agreed about the wedding, walang formal proposal, akala ko ganun nalang yun. I'm just blessed to have a boyfriend (soon to be H2B) who loves me so much and thoughtful enough to officially asked me to marry him! For me it was the best marriage proposal, no elaborate setting, just the two of us with God as our witness.  Haaaaaaaaay.... I am still in awe. I love you Vic so much! Thank you.

To have and to hold. Forever!

Showing it off!


After the proposal, the church and venue reservation (yes we finally have them), Vic asked me out on a date. To celebrate daw our engagement! Simple dinner at MOA, Holy Cow! Sayang wala na yung fav cheesecake namin. Hehehehehe!


Vic about to enjoy his steak!


And to announce the formal engagement at home we brought PIZZA!!!! What better way to celebrate the day! YUM!
Yummy!!!!


My Tita and Mom - Pizza Fans!


Yeiy to this pizza and us!


3 comments:

  1. wow very touching!! sana ganyan din sana mangyari sa akin.. .. im sooo sooo happy talaga para sa inyo ate! welcome to the family atehhh.. ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Isay! Dont worry, just have to find the righ man! Thanks ulit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. batchmate ganyan ka pala ka sweet... di halata! hehe congratulations to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete